Monday, June 23, 2008

Family Reunion



So this past weekend (June 20-22) we made our Annual trip to Wilder's family reunion in Mississippi. Before we left I made hair appointments so Dash & Romeo could get trimmed up for the trip. I'm designing a brochure for a hair stylist in our hometown, so we made a trade & she squeezed us in on Thursday before the trip. We went a bit short on Romeo...but I'm glad we did b/c it really fits his personality. He's ALWAYS stirring up something and looking ornery...but quickly recovers by flashing his sweet blue eyes & saying something sweet...ie: "Romeo, do you want a spankin'?" ...and then he'll squeal "nooOoOOoooO and run off." He's a mess. Anyway, among his many tricks, this weekend he learned how to give thumbs up...two thumbs. I'll have to post a new picture of that one so you can see how cute his little thumbs really are.

And, my big'un Dash...was exactly that this weekend...constantly dashing around this way & that...catching fish, eating sweet treats, posing for pictures, laughing, chasing his cousins....being chased by his cousins, riding in his Grampy's boat...and loving it. I tell you what-those boys slept REAL hard while we were there...and especially on the way home. I told my mom that today she'd be smart to take them to the pool and then lunch and to bed...b/c I'm not sure they'd make it much past that. They both fell out of the car this morning when I dropped them off on my way to work because they were soooOOooOoooO tired...poor dears.

...not to mention Wilder & I. Whew!! We got in at about 1 a.m. and, as you can imagine, were wore slap out.
I can't wait to get home this evening for a load of laundry and early to bed.
...until next time...be smart, be good.
Violet <><

No comments: