Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wrapping up...

This morning when I was getting ready for work...of which I have only 3 more days, I thought, "What mother in her right mind would pull two sleeping babies up out of their bed, drag them to the car--in the rain, put them in the car--in the rain, forget to feed the dog and have to turn around, realize you forgot to turn the heat back down and have to get your keys and go back inside, then get yourself BACK in the car--in the rain, drop the kids off somewhere (in my case it has been my mother's) and THEN go to work?" ...as if all of this hadn't been "work" already.

Can you tell I'm looking forward to staying home? Oh yes I am!! What greater joy will I have then to simply fry the vegetarian-bacon my hubby brings home after spending another great day with the kids?

My mom has already ordered me a curriculum for Dash...and even for Romeo if he is willing...so we can practice home-schooling before we have to make the "official" decision to homeschool or not. So, we'll see. I know there will be tough days that can be soothed only by early bedtimes for the boys and a long soak for myself. But, for the most part, I think that to have the opportunity to stay home with my boys, and not JUMPING at the challenge, I'd be a fool. And to that, I say, I am no fool.

May God bless you this year-and may you find an EXCESS of TIME with your loved ones.
-Violet <><

No comments: